10 healthy meal delivery services in Dubai…and some across the UAE

Detox Delight - Healthy meal delivery service in DubaiI am usually a sceptic when I come across strict ‘quick fix’ dietary programmes. I firmly believe healthy eating is a long-term vision, and given our ancestors’ diet, should encompass a variety of cooking techniques with a balance of food groups – all in moderation of course. And yes that can still apply when dining out regularly, and in my case restaurant reviewing. I do of course understand adjusting one’s eating habits if suffering from severe intolerances or allergies, and I can also respect ethical views.

The fact is we have a growing movement for healthy meal delivery services in Dubai and across the UAE. I count ten. Perhaps there’s more. Some of these support stringent diets, others offer more balanced meals – and many provide short and long-term programmes for both. It’s one of these services whose delivery rocked up on my doorstep, and along with your feedback on my social media channels, that prompted me to research this market and share a few more options. So voila here’s FooDiva’s top 10 or perhaps only 10 round-up. All offer a consultation service with a nutritionist in advance.

1. Detox Delight – A cool box arrives from this German outfit’s Dubai branch with a 24-hour meal and juice plan (pictured here). Many but not all dishes abide by raw foodism and vegan diets. The Thai asparagus, mange tout and pineapple salad with coconut lime chilli dressing for lunch, and the veggie curry with some flaxseed crackers for dinner are wonderfully wholesome, filling and bursting with flavour. Top marks for the two interesting fruit and veggie juice blends too. However, the brekkie snack of mango chia seed pudding with granola is too milky (soy surprisingly) for my liking. I replace it with slices of watermelon and Greek fetta (the latter not really detoxifying I know!). No hunger pans at all – clearly the cheese helps ;). I could happily follow this diet once a week, or perhaps after an indulgent holiday – but nothing more. Dubai only. Prices start at AED370 for a 24-hour meal plan.
  2. Kcal Extra – Priding itself on healthy fast food, Kcal which has six cafes in Dubai, also offers weekly and monthly meal delivery plans across the emirate based on a daily calorie limit. Dubai. Prices start from AED2,450 for a 20 day (5 week) programme, but you can also order single dishes from its regular menu.
  3. Daintree – A Dubai-based healthy food delivery service where all meals use organic produce and are free from gluten, dairy, GMO, soy, corn, hydrogenated fat and refined sugar. Read Gluten Free UAE’s review here.  Dubai. Prices start at AED230 for one order of three meals.
  4. Health Factory – Meal plans are based on natural, healthy ingredients that provide essential vitamins and minerals. Diabetics are also catered for. Dubai aside, deliveries to Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman and Umm Al Quwain. Prices start from AED1,650 for lunch meal delivery over 26 days (excluding Friday).
  5. Live’ly – Meal programmes are based on a weekly changing menu published on its website. All dishes are free of animal fats and butter, whilst desserts are prepared with natural fruit sugar, fructose. Let’s hope it is indeed natural, like honey, and not high fructose corn syrup. Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Prices on request.
  6. Right Bite – All dishes feature natural, wholesome ingredients – free of additives, artificial sweeteners and flavour enhancers. Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Prices start at AED336 for a seven-day lunch and side dish package.
  7. Simply Healthy Foods – Healthy meal plans are formulated based on dietary requirements and are calorie counted. Dubai only. Prices start at AED1,200 for breakfast, lunch and dinner over a two-week period.
  8. Slim ‘n Lite – Meals are free from artificial colourings and preservatives. Gluten-free breads and pastries are prepared fresh daily. Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Al Ain. Prices start at AED55 a day for a lunch box over a minimum five-day period.
  9. Balance Café – You may know this one as a café in Oasis Centre, but Balance also offers monthly meal delivery programmes prepared by a chef in conjunction with an Ayurvedic consultant. One FooDiva reader praises its virtues, I lost 20kg in 12 weeks last year following a Balance Café plan.” Dubai. Prices on request.
  10. 77 Veggie Boutique – Dubai’s first all veggie, organic café which opened last year also offers healthy meal plans. And needless to say you won’t find any meat in sight. Dubai. Prices start at AED900 for either lunch or dinner for a month.

As an alternative, if you relish cooking but can’t spare the time for grocery shopping, we have a couple of options where ingredients are delivered to your door with recipes – Cookabox and Dinner Time.

Have you tried and tasted any of these services? Or else, could you be tempted? Are there any more worth mentioning? How do you feel about dietary programmes?

A bientôt.

FooDiva. x

• Posted under
    Cafes, Dubai, Food & Drink Features, Healthy, Restaurants

• Pin It

31 Responses to “10 healthy meal delivery services in Dubai…and some across the UAE”

1. Michelle - Travel Junkie Diary September 29, 2014 at 10:34 am

Lovely round up!! I’ve tried 6 of them, I have lately become obsessed with K-cal’s burger, being a burger lover. After a while, they all tend to taste the same and your taste buds kind of dies out. I believe though, it ‘s a great way to ‘control’ your quantity especially if you are on the go. You become then ‘aware’ of how much you really ARE meant to be eating. But then, that reminder fades away very quickly haha!

• GA September 30, 2014 at 11:45 am

I am with you on the KCal burger its fabulous! great round up 🙂

• FooDiva September 30, 2014 at 12:42 pm

OK I am adding KCal’s burger to my burger wish list Michelle/ Debbie. I too love a good patty and if it can be healthy even better! Portion control is my biggest bug bearer, and the only way to resolve that is with meals delivered to your door – otherwise it’s so easy to over-indulge.

2. Garry W September 29, 2014 at 10:36 am

Being a lover of meat, I would not normally even think of ordering in ‘healthy’ food – however, this list has made me starting thinking about the merits of this type of service. Very thought provoking.

• FooDiva September 30, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Meat if rightly sourced is healthy Garry and some of these services will cater to the carnivore in you 🙂

3. Thomas J September 29, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Livefreshr.com seems to be the service everyone is talking about these days. I have used them for the last 2 weeks and been very impressed so far with the variety and quality of the ingredients etc.

• FooDiva September 30, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Thanks Thomas for the heads up.

4. IshitaUnblogged September 29, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Superb roundup. I have tried three out of the many you have listed. Although I am not fussy with food and I like trying out new dishes and new styles of cooking, after enrolling in a meal programme, I realised that I do crave for the type of food I have grown up eating – Indian food! And that’s where Simply Healthy Foods worked great for me – occasionally I did dig into a fish curry and a chicken tikka!

• FooDiva September 30, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Thanks Ishita, good to know. Fish curry and chicken tikka can be healthy too if the saturated fat content is limited 🙂

5. Kelly September 29, 2014 at 7:30 pm

I am surprised to read that there is such a big choice of healthy deliveries. As I am not a meat lover, healthy food deliveries are such a good idea for those who are busy and do not like to cook. Personally though, I rather prepare my own food with natural fresh healthy ingredients. Healthy eating is a way of life for me !!!

• FooDiva September 30, 2014 at 12:50 pm

I too was surprised with the multitude of options here Kelly. Doing your own grocery shopping and preparing food at home is of course the ideal way, but for time-starved individuals that’s not always an option so these services come to rescue, albeit at a price.

6. Erum @ www.TotalSalads.com September 29, 2014 at 10:21 pm

What a useful list! It’s great to know that there are so many healthy food delivery companies in the UAE. Glad to see the demand for healthy food in the country is on the rise 🙂

• FooDiva September 30, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Thanks Erum. With the UAE’s high rate of diabetes, I hope services like these will help encourage healthy eating.

7. Partha Srinivasan November 1, 2014 at 10:26 am

Thanks for this list – i am trying the cookabox recipe option as a tester to see if it is feasible for our lifestyle.. or we may have to go for cooked meal options.

I am not a fussy eater but the wife has limitations in her palate. Picking the right option is necessary

• FooDiva November 2, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Pleasure. Would love to get your feedback Partha once you’ve tried and tasted it.

• Partha Srinivasan November 3, 2014 at 8:48 pm

I ordered an oriental box and what a delight… took longer than it said on the box, but then I am no professional.. I could put it together quite easily and the flavors were good!! I will try livefreshr.com and see what they have to offer as well 😉

• FooDiva November 5, 2014 at 3:59 pm

I should have asked you to review for me Partha 😉 Great, constructive feedback. Hope LiveFresh works for you too 🙂

8. Antoine January 2, 2015 at 8:22 pm

Great roundup Foodiva. I’m always looking for healthy alternatives and came across Just Salad the other day. I was surprised to find it here as I know from my days living in New York. It’s definitely an amazing option for those seeking healthy food as well. Thanks for your roundup many on your list I’ve yet to try.

• FooDiva January 4, 2015 at 11:20 am

Thanks Antoine. I still need to try Just Salad – always here great things about it. Thanks for the reminder, and good luck with your healthy eating drive 🙂

9. Lovely March 16, 2015 at 10:15 am

Hello Foodiva, This is Lovely Ranganath here 🙂 Would love to be included in your list the next time round. Do check us out.
    ( https://www.facebook.com/Healthtrendz ) . Healthtrendz is an initiative of the Dubai World Trade Centre’s in-house catering arm which has always had an indisputable reputation for providing service of the highest standards and delivering a world-class culinary experience to its clients.

I am not too sure how you work but would love to touch base.

Lovely Ranganath
    Sr.Nutritionist (04 3086338 / 6559 )

10. Janet July 2, 2015 at 1:27 pm

Thanks for a great line up. I’ve tried 3 of them already and I must say, kcal extra is best by a mile. Also love the restaurants they have!

• FooDiva July 12, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Pleasure Janet, good to know 🙂

11. Sarah October 31, 2015 at 7:16 pm

Great round up 🙂 Ive tried 2 of them and Kcal Extra comes out top for me. Best quality food, Serious about the results and great service oh and one of the cheapest too! Daintree is ok but too expensive and had problems with the service.

12. Heba Mansour February 23, 2016 at 6:13 am

Kcal Extra is indeed a good one. But, the list should definitely have Wagamama which has 3 branches including one at palm. And we have office delivered multiple times, always hot and fresh. Also, their health drinks of raspberry and avocado are awesome for someone on diet.

13. Laptop Lunch June 12, 2016 at 12:47 am

Hello Foodiva,

Would love to be included in your list the next time round. Do check us out from here http://laptoplunch.ae/

14. Divya July 27, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Hi,

I know its an old post, but i wanted to get a meal plan from for 1 month and wanted to know if there are any suggestions, I’m thinking abt K cal … any feedback…

any new places have opened up???

15. Tanya Sharma August 23, 2016 at 2:49 pm

Hi,

Loved reading your article. Was wondering if you cold help me out with a food related query. I am looking for vendors in dubai who can provide me food boxes for an event i am doing. so i would need food for my team. Is there someone you can suggest ?

Trackbacks and Pingbacks

1. What is the biggest attraction of Palm Jumeirah? : Austin Martin Blog - March 19, 2015

[…] dining places, lounges in addition to pub, Atlantis truly stands apart amid further areas in Dubai in terms of cooking delights. The resort provides the know-how in addition to sensible understanding targeted at every […]

2. 8 Essential Health Tips for Expats Living in Dubai - Dubai Expats Guide - August 11, 2015

[…] those who need additional help in planning their meals, there are several meal delivery services that focus on healthy eating and will deliver nutritious food right to your […]

3. 23 low-carb friendly restaurants in Dubai - Dubai restaurants | FooDiva - February 24, 2016

[…] for heating up, where required. If you’re after more options, here is a round-up of healthy meal delivery services in […]

I’d love to receive your feedback, so feel free to comment any time.