Where to dine during the day in Abu Dhabi over Ramadan
THIS IS A 2015 ROUND-UP. FOR 2016 CLICK HERE. With Ramadan starting later this week, many of us will still be in town given schools are very much open. And if you’re not fasting, those reduced hours leave plenty of time for lunch and iced lattes in the afternoon, right? Well, don’t fret, FooDiva has expanded her annual Dubai round-up of the go-to cafés and restaurants open for daytime dining over the holy month to also cover Abu Dhabi. Eateries that make the cut are only those NOT based in hotels (as they will have their all-day-dining restaurant, plus other outlets open). Instead we have called upon those free-standing, breakfast hang-outs and casual lunch spots we usually frequent throughout the year. And, lo and behold, many are licensed to serve in broad daylight – over 20! We have included opening hours where confirmed, otherwise please call up in advance. So here you go, the complete (we hope!) guide to daytime Ramadan dining in Abu Dhabi.
- Jones the Grocer in Khalidiya. T; +971 2 6395883. Open daily 11.30am – 11pm and on weekends from 9am.
- Jones the Grocer in Mamoura building. T; +971 2 4438762. Open weekdays 9am – 11pm and weekends 10am – 11pm.
- La Brioche (all locations excluding the malls). T; +971 2 6419811.
- Nolu’s Café in Galleria mall. T; +971 2 6441516. Open daily 11am – 4pm.
- Third Place on the corniche (near Chevrolet). T; +971 2 6811877. Open daily 8am – 11pm.
- Zuma in Galleria. T; +971 2 4015900. Open daily noon – 3pm.
- Carluccio’s T; +971 2 6412231. Open daily 10am – 11pm.
- Flooka T; +971 2 4418244. Open daily noon – 3pm.
- Andiamo in Al Zeina. T; +971 2 5565775. Open daily 8am – 10pm.
- Café 28 at Abu Dhabi Golf Club. T; +971 2 5588990. Open daily 6am – midnight.
- Cafe Firenze in Al Zeina. T; +971 2 5564643. Open daily 7am – 10pm.
- Jim’s Kitchen Table in Masdar City. T; +971 2 4919401. Open daily 9am – 9pm.
- Jones the Grocer at Gardens Plaza, Al Raha Gardens. T; +971 2 5574882. Open Sunday to Thursday 11.30am – 10.30pm, and weekends 10am – 10pm.
- Jones the Grocer in Al Muneera. T; +971 2 6767141. Open daily 9am – 11pm and weekends from 10am.
- Mondo Pizzeria at Abu Dhabi Country Club. T; +971 2 6577785. Open daily 10am – midnight.
- Nandos in Al Zeina. T; +971 2 5558012. Open daily noon – 11.30pm.
- Nolu’s Café in Al Bandar. T; +971 2 5579500. Open daily 11am – 11pm.
Saadiyat/ Yas Islands
- Fanr at Manarat Al Saadiyat. T; +971 2 6575888. Open daily 10am – 11pm.
- Safina at Saadiyat Beach Club. T; +971 2 6563500. Open daily from 12noon.
- Hickory’s at Yas Links Golf Club. T; +971 2 8107710. Open daily 9am – midnight.
- Mamma Rossella, Ristorante Cavallino, Rosticceria Modena at Ferrari World. T; +971 2 4968000. Open daily 11am – 7pm and Thursday/ Friday until midnight.
- Yas Waterworld outlets. T; +971 2 4142000. Open daily 10am – 6pm.
The information above has been fact-checked but if you know otherwise or have any additions to this round-up, feel free to drop us a comment here.
Who is Helena? A self-proclaimed hotel nerd, both during office hours and weekends, she is a blonde from the far north married to a redhead from down under. With two small girls in tow, family food adventures these days tend to focus on cafés providing awesome coffee and colouring books at 8am on a Friday – unless it’s date night when it’s all about high heels and good grape in her new hometown of Abu Dhabi.