Atul Kochhar’s Seabass Curry
Michelin star Indian chef Atul Kochhar shares his simple seabass curry recipe. Click here for more as he prepares for the opening of his first licensed restaurant in Dubai later this year.
- 4 small fillets of sea bass, or any white fish
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 6 green chillies, slit lengthways
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced into fine strips
- 20 curry leaves
- 400 ml coconut milk
- Sprigs coriander, asparagus cress and dried red chilli, to garnish
- Remove any small bones from the fish fillets.
- Mix 1/2 tsp of the salt with 1 tsp of the turmeric and gently rub into the fish fillets.
- Heat the coconut oil in a wide pan. Add the onions, chillies and garlic and fry gently for a few minutes. Stir in the curry leaves and cook until the onions become translucent. Take out half the curry leaves and set aside for the garnish.
- Stir the rest of the turmeric and salt into the pan, pour in the coconut milk and heat through, then add the fish fillets and simmer very gently for 3-4 minutes, until just cooked.
- Serve the curry with steamed rice on the side, and garnish with the reserved curry leaves, coriander sprigs, asparagus cress and dried red chilli.