Win a dream gourmet holiday to Italy – courtesy Bice Mare
13 days in Italy this summer, from Milan in the north, travelling right down to Sicily in the south, and along the way tucking into Michelin-star restaurants, trattorias, farm visits, slow food artisan producers, vineyards and the Expo. That could be you.
Bice Mare, the Italian seafood restaurant perched at Souk Al Bahar is closing for a revamp this summer and is taking its team of chefs, suppliers and journalists, FooDiva included, on this one-of-a-kind culinary trip to shine the light on Italy’s produce and restaurant scene. We’re also hoping to bag tickets for dinner at one of the Grand Gelinaz Shuffle chef dinners on the 9th July when bookings go live on Wednesday.
We have one spot on this all-expenses paid trip, flights and accommodation included, to give away to FooDiva readers based in the UAE and Bice Mare Dubai customers. To enter the competition, you must submit a restaurant review of Bice Mare Dubai. So here’s the deal:
Up for grabs is an all-expenses paid culinary trip to Italy from the 28th June to 10th July 2015 for one person to include:
- Economy return flights Dubai – Milan with Emirates (with an option to return to Dubai from Rome instead).
- Hotel and deluxe camper van accommodation travelling from Milan to Sicily and back (separate camper van accommodation for ladies and men – each with its own private bathroom).
- All meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner – with many at Michelin star restaurants.
To enter please submit a restaurant review of Bice Mare. Note the following terms & conditions:
- Only UAE residents are eligible to enter.
- You must have dined and paid for your own meal at Bice Mare this year to be able to write about the experience. By all means, you may choose to dine there now. Feel free to submit a receipt as proof of dining.
- Word count in the English language between 500 – 1,000 words. Any more and your review will be disqualified. No photographs please.
- The review should address all parameters of the dining experience – food, service, location, décor, atmosphere, price and value for money. We are looking for a good understanding of what makes or breaks a restaurant experience, along with an engaging writing style. Honest feedback and constructive criticism is welcome. It’s NOT about glowing reviews. Please include a couple of sentences on who you are and why you love food and restaurants.
- Email in a Word document to FooDiva (click here for the email address), with the subject header clearly marked ‘Bice Mare Italian gourmet trip competition’ before midnight on the 26th May 2015. Please include a contact mobile number.
- Bice Mare’s executive chef Francesco Guarracino; Dave Reeder, editor of Hospitality Business Middle East; and FooDiva will judge the entries, with the winner notified by the 4th June 2015.
- You will need to be available to travel from the 28th June to the 10th July 2015.
- Once you have emailed your submission, please confirm that you have emailed it by leaving a comment on this post. Feel free to also comment and share this competition from FooDiva’s Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram channels. Don’t forget to mention @bicemaredubai on Twitter and @bicemare on Instagram with the hashtag #winitalyfoodtrip
- If you’re interested we will also consider the winner for potential future guest reviews on FooDiva.
I’ll leave you with a famous George Miller quote, “The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you’re hungry again.”
Good luck and a bientôt!